Comments: Farooq Rathore
Place is located on the water front and has good views. I would give four stars for the location. Check in was smooth and hassle free. The corridors carpets had stains on them. Room was spacious with kettle, complimentary water bottles and Tea bags. Fridge is available in the room. Iron Board is placed in the corridor.
Breakfast was good but nothing extraordinary. Tea and coffee were terrible.
There are two Swimming pools in the resort. The largest mosque of Langkawi is at 500 yards and there are couple of Restaurants and shopping plaza nearbyKhandaker Abrar
An outstanding place for the perfect vacation in Lankawi. The place doesn't run out of views. It's very calm too. tajul fuad najrul najbudin
love it here. strategically located in pekan kuah. very near to shop for duty free. the pool is good. the food is nice. the room is spacious. if you ask for twin bed, you will get 2 king beds. can put entire famiy in there. 2 minutes from jetty kuah also.... greatFahim Abrar Hossain
I had been to De Baron Resort in Langkawi from 14th to 16th August, 2016. We booked it through an agency... so I wouldn't point out the mistakes of the agency and just stick to the resort.
1. Resort Reception (4/10): The hotel receptionist was a bit rude and not helpful at all. We were really tired but there were no proper lobby to sit and the distant lights around the reception table were turned off although it wasn't that late at night.
2. Resort passages/Alleys: 4/10: Passages were carpeted but there were big stains on the carpets and very smelly. The passages were not lit properly either. I couldn't trust myself that I am in such a famous resort.
3. Rooms (5/10): We took three rooms. Each rooms contained two double beds. Rooms were spacious and washroom clean. The lights were poor and some of them made extreme loud noise when lit(!!!!!). House keeping extremely poor. They failed to provide any sandals when we asked them!! Rooms had a damp, wet carpet smell.
4. Open food courts and garden and lawn behind the resort (9/10): This was the only thing probably the resort had the best. The view was amazing. You can see the whole big ocean in front of you. The garden was clean and wonderful. A small swimming pool was nice too.
5. Resort Complimentary Breakfast (7/10): It was good enough. Tasty. Lots of fresh fruits. Although the number of items were not more than 20 or 25.
6. Price (5/10): Compared to the service and interior of the resort the price was far too high.Lyn Lat
Room good. Nice seaview..very romantic place for honeymoon..but cafe menu not variety. But waterflow blockage. Good service(front desk), unfortunately cannot seimat night. Overall, i give 4 star. Good job!Sandeep Bhat
Poor service. Hotel room door was pretty rough and faced difficulty in opening it. Had to bang on it for some time until it opened. Weird lift which had a personality of its own. WiFi is non existent even though they claim it's present. Room was pretty clean and neat and spacious which is the positive thing about the place. Nice parking space too and is right in the middle of the city and places like eagle square. Sea facing restaurant with poor French fries. Nice views. Very slow service if you need any. That's all I got to say about it.Umair Qureshi
Giving 2 star just because of location and service.. my room was smelly and bed had bugs and a Lot of dirt under the bed,couldn't sleep all night and had to check out next and move to another hotel.. I had taken pics but won t share because the lady manager was very pleasant and took prompt action when I showed her pics of room..Rohith p v
Awesome place. Nice room, clean and hygienic. Breakfast is really delicious. You can enjoy malaysian dishes here.. 😍Mir Mainul Hossain
Awesome place for stay. Silent & The best sea view from the rooms. Nice staff's, cleanliness is good and very timely. Good communication and nearby attractions. In a whole...good value for money. We've enjoyed our stay!Miszen Reen
Nice view. Friendly and helpful staff. Room is clean. Recommended for family vacation.AMM IPharm
Just nice hotel with superb services. One of the best hotel services i have received. Even though the hotel is not really up to date...the services is really good. You can ask for anything...and they will fulfill for you. Without any questions.Rajib Banik
Thought is a little far from main beach, the resort is fulfilled with itself. Its by the sea. a large walkway and park inside.Cyerie Kinteu
Nice. near Pekan Kuah jetty for island hopping. also can walk around 10-15 min to Lagenda Park and Eagle Square.Yusuf Mohammed
Like most people have said, the property is dated and the rooms are in dire need for a makeover. Service is functional. The saving grace is the swimming pool which kids will definitely enjoy but not grown ups. The property is not in walking range to anything other than Legenda Park. My recommendation is that if you are looking for a cheap hotel, might as well stay at Cenang beach.Manasa Reddy
Really a very nice place to stay at. I stayed for four days and I totally appreciate my stay.
Everybody tries to stay at Cenang beach, but the sunset is clear and amazing from De Baron Kuah.
It has a local night market next door, get a nice foot massage and one can enjoy the music and food from here. Good for brisk walk. 5 mins away from De Baron is the Taman Legenda and another park, which end into the beach. Great views. 15 mins walk from De Baron is Jetty point where the Island Hopping and Mangrove rides start from. One has to be really careful while bargaining for the rides, they can charge you variantly, don’t fall pray for this.
Tip: always try to wear full sleeves and full clothing and apply sunscreen while going for Island Hopping and Mangrove trips. You will have assured tan if you neglect.
There are two huge malls and one new Light house coming up at Kuah, Kuah seems to be the upcoming delight at Langkawi.
Only problem being the cabs to Langkawi airport charge more than double from this place in the early and late hours.
To conclude, try to book the seaview side 3rd floor rooms at De Baron and you will just fall in love again. Do not run around for sunset views, this Resort has the perfect sunset view.